brooketolly

Amanda Sun
None of the Regular Rules
Erin Downing

Imaginary Girls

Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma This book was very interesting, but it didn't quite "do it" for me. In the beginning we meet Chloe and her half sister Ruby. We get a little backstory on them, but what got annoying for me was Ruby was in almost every single sentence and it just got very repetitive. To me it seems like the entire book was about her and in a way it was, but it was also about Chloe. I didn't really know where the story was heading.

The title Imaginary Girls brought lots of ideas into my head, but in the end I still really don't know what happened. I also think the characters could have been developed a little more. All the sudden Chloe didn't mind having sex, drinking, and smoking weed. I thought she was a good girl and then all the sudden she just does that. I did like where the story was going though. It was very interesting, but I still have so many questions that I feel like didn't get answered.

The Cover: I love the cover a lot. I think it's beautiful. The red ribbon symbolizes something in the book as well as the water.