brooketolly

Amanda Sun
None of the Regular Rules
Erin Downing

Immortal Beloved

Immortal Beloved - Cate Tiernan I rarely ever give 1/2 stars to books, but I couldn't choose between a 3 and a 4. It's a series so as the first book of course there was a cliffhanger ending which makes me feel unfulfilled, but I can understand why that was considering there are multiple books. The reason I gave this rating is because I thought it was maybe too informational. I felt like the book just went on and on about things that I really didn't care too much about. Don't get me wrong: it's a good book. I like how Cate Tiernan wrote about immortals. They aren't vampires or werewolves, it's something different and an entire new world so it's fun to learn about their culture and history. I just thought that I needed more interaction with characters and less about the main character, Nastasya. We really don't start figuring everything out until the end and by that time, the book is over and we have to wait for the next. I'd still give it a try because I bet the next book will be just as good.